Monday, October 25, 2010

She's Learning To Talk Already!

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to go shopping for sports bra, some sports t-shirts and stuff. I have made up my mind to start jogging at least 3 times a week and for 30 minutes each time to help me shave off some weight. Anyway, I decided to carry Larissa on my Manduca baby carrier.

As we walked into World of Sports, I pointed out the volley balls to her and I tried to teach her how to say "ball". To my surprise, she managed to say "bo". Then, I walked around World of Sports teaching her how to say, "shoes", "shorts" and "balls". She managed "shu" and "bo".

On our way home on the cab, I teached her "eyes" and "nose" and she managed to say "eyes". Her learning to say words is really dependent on her mood. When she reached home, I tried to get her to say eyes to my mother in law but she refused to say anything.

I find that baby wearing really helped in my teaching her cause she is so close to me, I can teach her all the time and this, I feel, does help a lot. At 11 months, Larissa is saying her first words.

What can I say? I'm a happy mom.

No comments: