Sunday, October 25, 2009

I am starting to feel fearful of having my confinement done by my mom.....

The food that she normally cooks is already unfit for human consumption. Its either too oily, too salty or overcooked. Its really scary...Its no wonder that my sisters and myself are so fat...thanks to my mom's generosity with the amout of oil that she puts in the food she cooks.

Now, try to imagine a bowl of pig's throtters in vinegar with a thick thick layer of oil on top....and I'm supposed to finish the sauce. BLEAH! I think I might end up puking even before I start eating!

If only I were rich enough, I'd employ a proper confinement nanny to cook for me and look after my baby. I know what a slipshod person my mom is. Sighs....it all boils down to $$$$$...

Now I'm considering to let my mom or my mother in law look after the baby after confinement. Sighs...my mother in law said that she will quit her job and take care of our baby for us but we are to pay her $900 a month which is her current salary and that does not include baby's expenses e.g. diapers and milk powder. I'm thinking if we can afford it. Our combined income is only $3k....

I can choose to put baby with my mom, there will be maids to look after her but we will not be with her from Mondays to Fridays as its too troublesome for us to bring her to Toa Payoh and fetch her back to Sembawang everyday. But...my mom says we only need to give her $500 a month which includes baby's expenses. Problem is, my grandma just sold her flat and she will be moving in to stay with my family very soon so there will be 9 people living in a 3rm flat which is really overcrowded and I feel a bit heartache being unable to see my baby for 5 days in a week.

Sighs.......decisions....

No comments: