Thursday, November 18, 2010

Larissa's Birthday Chalet Day 2

D went home as he had to work in the morning so there were only Larissa and myself in the chalet room through the night. I woke up before Larissa did and managed to get myself showered before Larissa woke up. She woke up at 8-ish, I bathed, changed her and we are out of the room for me to grab a bite and to take a walk around before my sister in laws wake up.

I grabbed some take away toast and we wandered around Costa Sands. Luckily I brought my MIM sling and I could sling her and bring her around the premise. There is a small fish pond in front of the stage at the entrance of Costa Sands and I tell you, it has got HUGE fishes! Really huge! I do have to admit that I am a bit afraid that they might just jump up and bite. Well, that what the fishes in the pond my primary school used to do. They'd jump up for food and the water in the pond is murky so we can't see the fishes.





hmm...fishes?



hey fishy fishy fishy!

ignoring me?






The pictures really don't do the fishes any justice. They are really BIG! Do pop by and take a look for yourself the next time you are there. After just 10 mins of looking at the fishes, Larissa got cranky already. Time for us to head back to the chalet to let her get her nap.

Back at the chalet, my sister and mother in laws are still asleep and so I put Larissa down to sleep and I took a short nap. The plan was to bring Larissa for a swim or to Wild Wild Wet to have some fun in the afternoon. My inlaws got up late, probably 1pm and Larissa was up soon after.

As we got ready to go to the swimming pool, it started raining. Damnit, what rotten luck we have. I have already changed Larissa and myself into our swimming suits and yet we're stuck in the rain till it stops. So, while waiting, I decided to unwrap Larissa's birthday presents and let her take pictures with them all.





After a few photos, it became evident that the rain is not gonna stop anytime soon so my mother in law suggested that we change her into her birthday dress and take photos of her, which I did.















The rain came to a drizzle at about 4 pm and I had enough of waiting. Since we have free tickets, I decided to bring her to Kids Explorer instead. So, I told my sister and mother in law to bring Larissa to Kids Explorer first and I will join them after I showered and changed. When I got there, they have not entered the place as my mother in law refuses to go in if we need to buy the socks and pay for entry. In the end, only myself and Larissa went in there.





As Larissa still cannot walk, there is not much that she can do. I brought her into the ball pit and put her in. Its the first time that she is in there and she was overwhelmed. She cried when I put her in and held onto me tightly. However, after about 15 mins of warming up, she got used to the balls and the sinking into the balls. LOL. She soon started picking up the balls and throwing and even tried to chew on the balls. She still held onto me for fear of losing me though. So cute. heehee...

We got back at about 6.30pm and they started barbequeing again. My husband's side of relatives came for a second round of barbeque. I had to settle Larissa down for her dinner and to shower her later on. She started fussing at about 8.30pm and I put her down to bed. After she fell asleep, I stayed outside for a while longer and at about 9.30pm, I heard her wailing. When I got into the room, it was too late and she cried so hard she vomited all over the beds. Sighs...My poor darling. I had to wipe her again and play with her awhile before she could go back to sleep. This time, I decided to stay in the room with her and thats how my night ended. 

It was a pity that it kept raining throughout the 2 days we were there and Larissa is too young to play at Wild Wild Wet or to enjoy herself at Kids Explorer. Maybe I will book again next year when Larissa is older to bring her there to play. 




No comments: