Monday, November 15, 2010

Larissa's Birthday Chalet Day 1

This is a long post so its gonna be a 2 or 3 part post. Do me a favor and click on the ads above and on the right okays? Thanks!

Wow, its finally over! We had a three day two night chalet over the weekend at Costa Sands Downtown East to celebrate Larissa's very first birthday.

The day started early, I was woken up by Larissa at about 8am. From the moment we woke up, it was a  crazy frenzy to get things ready. My mother-in-law had to get preparation ready. They prepared fried bee hoon, fried rice, fishballs, nuggets, chicken curry and some cooked vegetables to bring over to the chalet for the guests later. Everyone had to help out as there was so much to do.

At about 12 noon, I went to the shop at Sembawang MRT to have Larissa's photos developed to fit them in the 12 month picture book. I only got back at about 1pm and I had to start packing. I hate packing coz its so stressful! I remembered going on a trip to Malacca when I was in Primary 5 and guess what? I forgot to pack all my pants and had to spend the entire trip in my school dress. Luckily it was only a three day 2 night trip or I would probably start stinking. You know whats worse? I brought 2 school skirts to Malacca and only came back with one. Can you imagine how a person like me is going to pack for 2, myself and Larissa? LOL. I had to go over the items in the luggage like, 200 times to make sure that I did not miss out anything and I am glad to say that I did not miss out anything this time! Boy, am I proud of myself!

We initially wanted to check in the chalet at 2.30pm but due to delays here and there, we only checked in the chalet at about 3.30pm. So little time and yet so much to do! My guests will start streaming in at 5pm and I had to do up the decorations and blow up the balloons. This I was damn angry I tell you. I think Downtown East uses bloody non-stick wall paint or what, I tried like 200 times with so much tape and yet the decorations I hung up would drop whenever I walked away. Seriously, FML. In the end, I decided to not give the decorations a damn.

Larissa fell asleep on the way to the chalet and woke up soon after we arrived so she was super cranky throughout her birthday celebration. She only managed to "hang on" till about 9pm and I had to put her down to sleep almost right after the cake cutting.

Did I ever mention that my husband has got A LOT of relatives? There were so many of them swarming the area that night that I think my relatives and friends got overwhelmed. Even I myself was overwhelmed by them though I had met them before.

Later the night, my side of the relatives came, only my uncle's family, paternal grandma, my dad and my mom came. So freaking little when compared to my husband's side. Anyway, that night, I came to realize that an online friend's husband's mom's sister is my dad's brother's wife. Very long winded but somehow connected. LOL. Small world isn't it? heehee...

At about 12am, my friends were still hanging around and I decided to take a shower before joining them for a chat. Guess what? They were all gone after I came out from the shower! That cut my night short and I went to join Larissa in lala-land soon after.

Here's some photos from the first day of the chalet.

This is the cake I baked that turned out to be like a brownie as it was only 2 inch high.
Larissa in the princessy dress that Mich bought for her.
I actually prepared a pretty hairclip for Larissa but like mommy, she hates to have accessories of any kind and proceeded to tug it out even if it means tugging her hair out as well.











My mom, myself and Larissa. Do we resemble each other?



Finally a photo of me and Hazel. Shane is sooo cute! Can we exchange babies for a day?


All the babies! The biggest baby is the youngest, guess which baby is that!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hi, it's Kate. What a pretty birthday girl Larissa is!! :) Did Larissa enjoyed herself? We had a celebration for my son on Sunday, but he seems not to understand that its his birthday. Time flies, in another 2 days they'll turn 1!!

And yup, I clicked on both the ads. Right and top. Hope that helps!

Ivy said...

Hi Kate, I don't know if she enjoyed herself! LOL! She was so cranky that she was fussing when we cut the cake.
Yes, time flies and they are turning one already!

Thank you for clicking on the ads. I am counting on the ads to help me generate a teeny weeny bit of income. heehee...