Thursday, November 25, 2010

Finally Getting Better!

After so many days of torture, Larissa's condition is finally showing improvement.

Yesterday afternoon, her temperature seem to have gone down to her normal body temperature of about 36.6 degrees. Being the kiasi mummy, I insisted on giving her another dose of paracetamol just to make sure that the fever is gone for good.

She fell asleep at 7.30pm, woke up for milk at about 9.30pm and she slept for quite some time before waking up wailing. There is something different about her cries at night though. In the past, when she is hungry for milk, she will simply sit up and whimper a bit, just enough to wake me up so that I feed her but last night, she woke up wailing like she was in pain or something and she will refuse to let me carry her so I have to let her wail for a while before she is ready to be carried. Anyway, she woke up and wailed about 2 times but she fell back to sleep after a bit of cuddling. The third time, she woke up at 4 am and refused to go back to sleep. I had to let her crawl around a bit and let her get tired before I carry her and cradle her to sleep.

In the morning, I confirm that her fever is gone for good! Yay! Yippee! Hooraay!

However, she still rejected her morning milk feed and took only a few spoons of porridge for lunch. As she took so little food, I tried to give her a milk feed but she still rejected. Sighs. I can only hope that she starts eating soon or she might become a skinny lil girl.

No comments: