Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No Alcohol Please

Its only a couple of days to Larissa's first birthday celebration. Due to her having a stupid mummy who only started searching for a chalet 3 months before the event, we could only get a room at Downtown East. Damn it...I really dislike the place. Rooms are small, the whole place is crowded, service there sucks and so much to complain about but well...we haven't got a choice.

So, I decided that for Larissa's birthday, we are not going to supply any alcohol at all as we are on a tight budget. D (The husband) initially insisted that we provide alcohol for his friends who are coming but I rebuked him and said that my friends drink too so are we gonna hide the alcohol until his friends come only then we bring out the alcohol or am I supposed to go tell my friends not to touch the alcohol coz it is meant for his friends? Looks damn stupid on our part right?

I mentioned this in front of my in-laws and told them that there will be no alcohol served.

Me: "Ma, D says he wants to serve alcohol on that day but I told him not to."
Father-in-Law: "How can you invite people and not serve them any alcohol?"
Me: "We invite them to eat, not to drink."
Father-in-law: Silence.....

I don't see why we have to serve them alcohol. Can't they bring their own beers if they wanted alcohol? We are working on a budget here. If you want your face, then you can jolly well volunteer to pay for the alcohol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't have to be bothered about serving them alcohol. its a baby's birthday party for goodness sake, not a grown up's party. if they die die must drink, they r welcome to go somewhere else to party and drink to their hearts' content.

btw, larissa is the same age as my son, they r both born on the same day. what a coincidence!

i'm not going to serve any alcohol at my son's party too. only fruit punch from the buffet caterer. i've been to many kiddos' birthday parties, they also never serve alcohol.

Anonymous said...

Actually you already put in alot of effort to include friends. My kid's 1st birthday, we just had a simple do at home with immediate family only. I figured he's not gonna remember or enjoy it anyway. Just get a nice cake and take photos :P

Ivy said...

I'm glad to know that there are people who think alike.

And boy, am I suprised to know there is a baby who shares Larissa's birthday.

I know of a baby girl who shares the same birthday too. We should all meet up someday and let them interact. :D