Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Silly me...

Fear sets in....I was chatting with another mommy on MSN yesterday when she told me that her mother gave her baby the pacifier and later when she breastfed, her baby mistaken her nipple for the pacifier and sucked so hard that a chunk of flesh came off. Horrors!!

My mother has also started giving my baby the pacifier and no matter what I tell her, she just insists on going her way...

Now I understand why Larissa has been crying for more whenever I put her down after feeding her. I've been feeding her on the engorged side hoping that it will bring down the engorgement but I did not realise that it is impossible that she gets milk from that side. No wonder she keeps falling asleep...So now, I feed her on one side and try to express the other side.

I was so desperate this morning - the engorged side feels like its got no milk - that I made formula milk for her. Luckily she didn't like the taste and spit it all out. I feel like an epic failure. Sighs....My engorgement has been around for so many days and it just doesn't go away despite my hubby massaging it for me. What am I gonna do next?

No comments: