Sunday, December 6, 2009

Its not a good day...

My parents-in-laws came to visit. Baby has wind in her tummy and her tiny little tummy is bloated like shit. Ok..partly my fault as I thought that babies who are breastfed do not need to be burped....

My in-laws were going, "aiyoh, so bloated! So ke lian!", while I was keeping quiet. Until my mom came home. She went to tell my in-laws what a great mother she was who took such good care of us when we were babies and blah, blah, blah...She then mentioned that she kept telling me to let Larrisa sleep on her tummy  but I kept insisting no. I was so effing angry lah! I told her off in front of my PIL, "Doctors say not to let baby sleep on tummy, you say let her sleep on tummy so who should I listen to?"

She just went on and on about how great a mother she was. WTF lah! She wasn't even the one who took care of us lor! She had a bloody confinement nanny who did every single thing for her! All she did was sit and watch! Oh, the confinement nanny taught her that we should be lying in bed all the time during confinement and should not move around too much.

And my mother kept insisting that I gave Larissa formula. Kept saying that breastmilk is too much of a hassle and that Larissa will remember my smell when I go back to work...blah, blah, blah...OF COURSE I WANT LARISSA TO REMEMBER MY SMELL! I AM HER FREAKING MOTHER!

ARGH!!!!!!!

My mom drives me nuts at time.

Larissa also had hiccups when my in-laws were here. So they kept asking for water to be given. Larissa drank a bit and then refused to drink more. There they go again. Telling me that babies should be given water. I already gave in and let them give her water! Now they say Larissa is refusing the water because I don't give her water! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I tell them that breastfed babies do not need to be given water and they look at me in a odd way. Sighs.

I can't believe that my mother-in-law is gonna take care of my baby starting 1st March. If given a choice, I will employ a maid to look after my baby. At least they don't do things that I don't approve of and I can scold them...can't expect me to scold my mother-in-law?  Anyway, I am paying my mother-in-law okay. She asked for $800 a month which will include the household expenses.

Double sighs. Me and my hubby only make $3k a month. Now, $800 gone and we still got to support the baby. I feel so cramped...Like I'm being pushed to a corner with nowhere to go. Sighs....

No comments: