Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm not a good mommy.

I've started giving my baby some formula milk. I feel like I have failed as her mother.

I'm so tired, just oh so tired. My nipples hurt like mad. She is latching on not perfectly but she gets her milk and I don't get that sore. However, my left nipple is inflamed. Yes, it is. Its painful, swollen and the pain radiates. Its hurts even when its left alone and untouched.

There are times when I keep feeding Larissa, left breast, right breast, left breast again and back to right breast but she just can't get enough. She simply won't go to sleep. My baby is a sleep monster and will go right to sleep if she's had enough milk and her eyes wide open means she hasn't had enough. These are the times when I will make formula milk for her and its amazing seeing her gulp dowm 80mls of formula milk before going to sleep.

I still try to breastfeed her as much as possible and whenever I can. Somehow, my stupid and ever so brainless hubby thinks that its better to give her formula milk. The mere mention of my useless husband drives me up the wall. I taught him how to change baby's diaper and yet the next time baby poops, he tells me to change them and tells me he don't know how to, or that baby's poop makes him wanna puke. WTF! So all he knows is to carry baby around and go, "oh, so cute!".

Everytime I finally managed to get Larrisa to go to sleep, he will come along and stroke baby's hair, kiss her or smell her. I get so frustrated and I tell him that if she ever wakes up, I will punch him in the face. He never does anything to help and all he wants to do is carry the baby. ARGH! I hate him!


No comments: