Friday, May 30, 2008

Open Relationships

Had a chat with a friend earlier on the topic of an open relationship.

Whats your thoughts on an open relationship?

My take on an open relationship is that its a transition before one is sure that you're going into a serious exclusive relationship with someone. Its the time when you see different people while keeping your options open.

An open relationship doesn't give one the right to sleep around though...I'm all for monogamy...

Some people take an open relationship as one whereby you're with someone but you still sleep around. I think its these people who give the term "open relationship" a bad name.

To me, an open relationship is when I feel something for someone but am still unsure of where or what we're heading for. By giving each other the chance to see other people, you're actually giving yourself a chance to evaluate the relationship...

No comments: