Saturday, May 31, 2008

Call me crazy...

Yes, I am crazy...I'm missing my patients. The patients I nursed back to health back then when I was doing my attachment in the hospitals.

I miss working in IMH (Institute of Mental Health) though I wouldn't want to be working there for long. The work there is too stagnant and I won't get to use my nursing skills.

I miss working at TTSH (Tan Tock Seng Hospital). I get to interact with patients, patients' relatives, doctors, radiographers...etc. Thinking back, I learnt a great load of stuff during my short stint at TTSH. I really miss the patients there expecially the long staying patients.

I remember a young patient in his mid 20s who has been staying there for close to 2 yrs. He feel from a height and ended up bed ridden. I cleaned him, fed him, clothed him and even changed him. Though he couldn't speak or move, it felt like he knew who am I. He'll look at me when I move from one side of his bed to another. I used to play silly games of my own with him, running from one side of his bed to another, calling out his name, making him turn his head to my direction. Sometimes I'll just tickle him to make him laugh.

There is also one patient that I remember clearly. An old man who lives near my place. I nursed him back to health from a pretty serious back injure that left him immoble for close to 3 months. The weird thing was that I was switched from one ward to anothe during the 3 months and he seem to be following me! haha...He too, switch from one ward to another.

Working in the ward can be really frustrating sometimes when things happen and there are many people who do not practise what they preach. I get really upset when I see things like that happen. One thing that I hate is the way they stick to the rules. There are many things that can be done in another way that saves time and money but these people are so stiff!

Argh...too many things to say about work in the hospital. Got to get some work done first. Ciaos~

No comments: