Friday, September 2, 2011

Thoughts

I was thinking whether I should start a new blog to separate my personal life and my views towards politics as you can see, a lot of what I blog is about me and my daughter's life.

After some contemplation, I have decided not to. I will continue blogging as I have been doing. This is in the hope that those who read my blog because of my personal life will get to read about some of the political stuff that I blog and feel strongly about.

I also feel that how I feel about the political scene is shaped by what I go through in life.

Take my divorce for example. It has made me aware of how many women are helpless when it comes to matters like that. Fortunately for myself, I am educated enough to know where to seek and how to seek help. What about the women who are less educated? Who do they go to?

There are many women out there who suffer their "fates" silently because they do not know who to turn to or because they dare not do it. Why? Fear of the unknown. Even I was reluctant to seek a divorce at first because I had gotten used to the routine with my husband. Just 2 years of marriage and I'm already like that, can you imagine those who are married for many years?

That is not our fates. We deserve to be treated humanely. Think about it, can the man accept it if we too had other men beside him? This is no longer a society where the men bring home the bread and we women stayed home to take care of the kids. We too, go out to work and we should be treated equally.

This episode has made me see that there are many others out there who need help and I have decided that I will volunteer myself with the SPP's woman's wing once I settle my problems.

If you are one of the many women who needs help or even just a listening ear, do not hesitate to contact me by email and I will try my best to help you.




2 comments:

Joseph said...

Jia you... I chance upon ur blog and I read abt ur marriage ur work etc. And having such problems in ur life and yet u open ursle to help others.

Clap clap I admire you Ivy. :)

Ivy said...

Thank you. I'm just doing whatever I can to help. :)))