Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My precious Larissa might have to go to an infant care centre soon. My mother-in-law who is taking care of her at the moment, has decided that she does not want to stay home to look after Larissa and that she is better off working outside.

I must say that is pretty interesting, seeing that she used to be a babysitter and would spend her days at home looking after other people's children. 

Perhaps its because of my "high-expectations". My insisting on no water for Larissa and cannot anyhow feed Larissa - I'm now insisting on no porridge, only purees and cereal for Larissa - which she is very unfamiliar with.

Maybe coz of my wanting her to bathe Larissa while I am at home...before I go to work, so that I can test the water temperature before she bathe Larissa. 

Its not that I want to nit-pick over what she does but the very first day she took over taking care of Larissa, she almost cooked burnt my poor baby alive. I was getting ready for work when my mother-in-law was bathing her. I heard a yell from Larissa and I thought it was weird since she is normally quite a quiet baby so I went to take a look and I found her lower body all red. I then tested the water and it was scorching hot! I got quite a shock myself and told my mother-in-law to put in more cold water as its too hot. My mother-in-law then mumbled that she on the hot water and forgot to check the temperature before placing baby in the tub. I was flabbergasted but I don't believe what she said. I know that she has a habit of shampooing Larissa's head while carrying her before putting her into the tub. This happened not once, but twice - I checked the water another time and found the water to be very hot. I seriously suspect there is something wrong with my mother-in-law's sense of touch....how to trust like that?

She also has the habit of getting Larissa's bathwater ready and not bathing her immediately. She will take her time to play with Larissa - something I don't like because the water would have cooled down too much already...Sighs.


No comments: