Thursday, May 13, 2010

Larissa is having fungal infection in her crotch area and her armpit - one side only.

She has been having redness at her crotch area and her armpit for the past few days. Initially, I brushed it off as nappy rash but yesterday her crotch area was a angry red color and looked like it had a fungal infection (I'm so thankful for my training as a nurse).

I found a pediatrician at Yishun which operates till 9pm and off we go to the doctors. 

Guess what the doctor said? Larissa is overweight and she is so chubby, the fats are keeping her crotch and armpit areas moist and warm - perfect for fungal infection. She initially wanted to tell me to cut down on her feeds but when she learned that Larissa is totally breastfed, she got a bit of a surprise. Hurhur...

Anyway, my poor girl now need to have her crotch and armpit area cleaned with purple lotion 4 times a day. The thing is...the pediatrician says that it will come back coz this will be a recurring problem! Wah Piang!!

No comments: