Sunday, June 1, 2008

Are men who blog gay?

Yesterday, D came up to me and said, "ya know, I just realised that only gay men blogs."

That statment surprised me and I had to find out why.

"Well, a blog is an online diary and men don't keep diaries!"

haha...Why didn't I ever think of that...

I went home and did a random check on my friends who blog and came upon a surprising discovery..

Most of my guy friends who blog are gay with the exception of a few straight men who are commonly mistaken as gays!

Makes me wonder...why do straight men not blog? I'm pretty sure that like us, they too need to have an outlet to express themselves. Its no wonder they say that men have a shorter lifespan. I would too if I had to keep everything bottled up.

A normal asian man for example. Goes to work, interacts with colleagues but doesn't reveal too much about his problems, in case he is seen as weak or even unmanly. After work, hangs out with his mates or his girlfriend but still, the male ego doesn't allow him to pour out his problems to his mates or girlfriend. Girlfriend is then left wondering why doesn't he tell her anything. Guy goes him to family and he still keeps things to himself so as not to worry the family and finally he goes to bed with a full head of thoughts, worries and troubles.

Damn...if I were to live a live like that, I'd probably be dead by now!

Isn't it tiring for men to have to keep things to themselves all the freaking time?

I see blogging as a good way for people to say the things they want, to rant about work, poor service or just stuff that mean things to them(like myself).

I would be happy if my man blogs. I see it as a window to his thoughts and it gives me the chanceto take a peek at whats going on in his mind. It'll definitely help after a nasty fight. Ya know, during the cold war and stuff....

So D, I'm not gonna name you but don't be ashamed of the fact that you blog. The rest are just not man enough to do it. haha..

No comments: