Friday, May 27, 2011

My Grandma

My grandma first got admitted into hospital about a month ago after she was vomitting and had diarrhea for 4 days. We thought it was a case of gastroenteritis. She was discharged a week later only to be admitted again two weeks later. This time she complained of constipation and a constant nausea.

A day after she was admitted we were told that there is a large amount of water in her chest cavity and her lungs and they had to drain the fluid. I was told that they managed to drain out 1500 MLS of water. I thought that was all, that she will be well after that and be back to the senile little old lady that she had become after she had dementia.

Yesterday, I was told that cancerous cells has been found in the fluid that was drained from her chest cavity. After all the scans and tests, we were told that its the last stage of cervical cancer and that it has spread tbroughout her body.

We are now giving her palliative care and she is expected to leave anytime. I'm comforted that she has lived to be in her eighties and has lived to see her great grandchild. Now I can only pray that we will get the chance to sat our last goodbyes.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your grandma is well.