Monday, January 17, 2011

Life Just Isn't Fair!

For those of you who don't know, I work in a catering company as a Sales Coordinator. A bloody listed company with no bloody system.

I draw a miserable salary, which has a damn pathetic commission system. I start work at 8.30am and my days supposedly end at 6.30pm, 5 days a week and alternate Saturday but I can claim off in lieu for the Saturday that I work.

My job is pretty simple actually. I handle customers' online or phone enquiries for home buffets, take orders and do follow up. I also handle complains. One very important thing though, is that we need to get written confirmation from the customer. There are actually times when the buffet arrive at the customer's door and they refuse to acknowledge and claim that they did not order it and we are the ones to bear! Though we only have to bear the costs, imagine having to pay hundreds of dollars for a buffet you did not order! There goes your hard earned commission.

Anyway, I used to be able to go home at 6.30pm on the dot until 1st January.

I was chosen to take over my colleague's workload, take over the Tingkat Dept. Tingkat is a daily catering service that my company provides to homes and boy, there are so many problems with the catering that I don't bloody know where to start.

Every single day, there are complaints from customers that they did not receive their food, received food that they stated that they do not want, received food with worms or cockroaches in it, received the wrong package or receiving spoilt food. blah..blah...blah..
And every start of the month, I received phone calls from customers saying that they did not received their refunds, they are billed wrongly, they have paid but invoices show otherwise or some other problems with their invoices. When I investigate, it is always either because there is a problem with the system, that the refund did not show or some stupid colleague of mine did not do the bloody refund.


No comments: