Saturday, April 22, 2017

What are your goals in life?

Had this discussion with the partner (yes, I'm seeing someone now) the other day and thought I'd blog about it.

As a mother, it seems like I am supposed to give up my life and my goals. People tell me that my goal should be focused on my daughter. They say things like, "you should be focusing on her; make sure she is doing well in school and not thinking about yourself."

Is this how things work? I am human too. I have my dreams, my goals and things I want to do and achieve in life. Are we still human if we gave up all we want for another person?

I dream of travelling the world, I dream of riding my motorcycle to travel the world and I dream of scuba diving in all the beautiful places that mother earth has to offer. These are my dreams and my goals. I want to achieve all these before I grow to old. I want to be able to share stories of my travels with kiddo and travel with her when she grows older.

L is important in my life but there is so much more than just being focused on her academically and monitoring her progress in school. I want her to live life vivaciously, to embrace life and all the this world has to offer.

What are your goals?

No comments: