Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Working Life

A single mother's life really is a crazy, mad and busy life.

A typical day in my life starts at 7am. I have to get ready and out of the door by 7.45am. Larissa is normally still in bed when I get up so I'd give her a kiss before I head out for work and then its off to buying breakfast for my colleagues. The daily commute to work takes about 45mins.

The very minute I step into the office, its non-stop answering of phone calls, replying to enquiries on the phone and by email and taking of orders. The phones can ring on and on the whole day with no time to even put down the phone. How my colleagues can key in orders or reply to emails while on the line is a wonder to me. It's something that I can never do! I don't normally take lunch breaks. I mean I do eat but I lunch in the office and still answer phone calls. Anyway, this goes on until 6.30pm when we are supposedly off work but the work doesn't end there. This is the time where I print my food labels, you know, the ones you always requests for so that you know what you are eating. I also use the time to submit invoices, keep track of outstanding payments and end emails to remind customers of it, charge customers' buffets to their credit cards, key orders and do filing. It'd be 9pm by the time I'm done, 45mins commute by public transport later and tadah, I am home!

Larissa is usually asleep when I get home. I'd take a shower, read the papers to catch up on whats going on, maybe watch a bit of tv or do some personal grooming and before I know it, its already 2am!

Yeah, I know it all seems cazy and I do get scolding from my family members due to my long working hours. I have to say, its all my fault. I am not the most meticulous person and I make mistakes during work like when keying in order and having to make amendments do take up a bit of time.

Anyway, due to some changes to the company policies, I have tendered my resignation. Right now, I intend to find a job that allows me time to take up a private diploma and more time with Larissa. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I find something good. I think I am crazy for tendering without even having a new job but well, its a risk I am gonna take. Keep your fingers crossed for me or click on the Nuffnang ads to help me! LOL!

No comments: