Friday, April 8, 2011

Universal Studio Singapore!

I especially took leave on Wednesday to go to USS with my family. It felt almost like I was the last one to go there and I was pretty excited. Especially with the roller coasters up and running, I had to give my heart a bit of an excitement after being stagnant for so long. 

Oh, and we rented a car for my younger sister who just passed her licence about 2 weeks ago! Pretty exciting huh? The problem is...we all don't know the way there and had to reply on an iPhone app that my sister downloaded just the night before. The stupid app kept lagging and re-routing itself. Damn irritating! After we finally got to Kg Bahru, we decided to ignore the app and just find our way there by our hunches. My sister was also a travelling very slowly, at about 50-60 km/p as Larissa is on board and we just want to be safe. In fact, we screamed at her if she went anything about 60 km/h. Seriously, I think her driving is much scarier than the roller coaster. Maybe its the ride that prep me for the roller coaster. heehee...

Anyway, we got on the car at 10.30am and only got there at about 11.30. Not too bad, I guess. 
We're finally here! In one piece!














Can't find this in Singapore







My mother is a gold card member at Resorts world and for every $100 that she spends, she earns 1 point. The point system can be used to exchange for almost everything there and we changed the point to entry tickets to USS. It was about 57 points per person. Larissa went in FOC. I remember that entry for children below 4 is FOC. 


I placed Larissa to stand about the manhole cover and when we walked away, she kept walking back to stand there. My guess is because its a hot day and cool mist kept coming out from the manhole! She ended up with wet legs and a wet diaper! lol!


I held very high expectations for the roller coaster. When it first went up, I was screaming along with the crowds but the moment it started going down, I got really really disappointed. I felt that it was not high enough and the drop is not enough to scare me. Even with my feet dangling in the air, I don't feel afraid. I was so disappointed that I did not even wanna take it a second time. 


As Larissa is still very young, she only went on one ride. I probably will bring her there again when she is older and can appreciate the rides better instead of just sitting in her stroller in the hot sun. Also, the next time, I must remember to bring sunscreen for Larissa and myself. 

She got a blue dino!

Oh, and I will also get a room in the hotels so that we can take a rest and go back in there again. 

We left the place at 5.30pm to go to Upper Serangoon to return the car to my dad. Guess how long it took to get there? 2 hours!! HAHAHA! We did not even bother to use the GPS navigation this time and just went round and round based on our hunch until we got there! Power aye?!


I apologize for the lack of photos, its was very hot and make me very cranky and totally not in the mood to take photos and for the poor quality of the photos as they are taken by my phone.

Taken during the 2 hour car ride

Again, thank you for reading. Please help my clicking on my nuffnang ads!

No comments: